Monday, December 12, 2016

Uninvited by Lysa TerKeurst

Uninvited: Living Loved When You Feel Less Than, Left Out, and Lonely

Summary:

Uninvited is the latest book by author and founder of Proverbs 31 Ministries, Lysa TerKeurst. It was released in 2016. In this book, we are encouraged to explore the concept of rejection, which is among Satan's most powerful tools to use against us. TerKeurst explores this concept by interweaving much of her own feelings of rejection with what the Bible has to say on the topic. In this Christian book, women find not only a connection to the author but also to God, as they come to understand how God sees them versus how others see them and even how they see themselves.

Personal Reflections:

I would recommend this book to anyone really. I participated in both an Uninvited book club and a life group at church. I got so much out of the book. I'll be honest in saying that often I start books of this type and never finish them. It's not because I don't enjoy them or find them boring. I just get caught up in other things and don't finish. But, I finished this one, and I am so glad I did. I think I enjoyed it so much because I connect with the author in a lot of ways. Every woman needs to read this book at some point. It will be worth your while.

No comments:

Post a Comment